Saturday, September 17, 2011

This One's For You Mom...

Let's see...


Our baby was safely delivered on June 13th. She is a dream and we are so happy to have her here. We had some issues coming up with a name we could agree on and for the first three months she was known as Zoe. The day of her baby blessing we changed it to Heidi. We are both happy with the new name, although the kids seem to be having a hard time remembering it's been changed...oops.

We spent some time in Bear Lake with my dad's family, which was a lot of fun. The kids loved the beach and sunshine, I enjoyed it a lot as well! We had a lot going on in August: Joe's parents returned home from their mission and were able to spend several weeks out here in Utah.

Joe's little sister Liz got married in the Salt Lake Temple, which was great fun and we are very happy for her and her new husband. He is a great guy and we wish them both the best.


Joe's older sister was sealed in the Temple which was a wonderful event and it was great to be there with them for that.

We had our baby Heidi's blessing which was great fun and our annual Worcester Ward Party here at our home which was a great time as well!


It is always nice to have reasons to get together with our family and friends. We have enjoyed having them in our home and being able to spend time with everyone.

The kids started school and are happy to be back in a good routine. Clay has started 5th grade, Quin is in 3rd, Ali is in 1st and Jack is attending preschool four days a week. Although I am sure Max misses all of his older siblings doting on his every need, I sure love the couple of hours each day when we get to take a nap and enjoy the peace and quiet...so blissful!

This is Max after eating a small handful of cherries...imagine what he could do with a whole bowl...the possibilities are endless!!!

Max has a need for speed!

Max had his adenoids out the end of August. The Dr decided not to take his tonsils out yet, they are big, but not too big. We will wait and watch them, most likely he will have to get them out at some point in the future. Does it seem odd to anyone else that of my six kids, ALL FOUR boys have now had their adenoids out? Ali never had a problem, we will see if Heidi has problems, but so far all the boys have shown distinct problems by age two. Clay had his adenoids and tonsils out at age 4. Quin, Jack and Max were 2. I suppose it must be a hereditary thing...we have massive adenoids and tonsils. Who knew?! Max has recovered well though and is starting to sound less raspy. His airway was 85% blocked by his adenoids, so I am hoping that the massive increase in oxygen will help him hit a growth spurt (if nothing else, however, I just hope he is feeling better)!

Is that chubby kid trying to ride that little purple Barbie bike????

Poor bike...

Clay and his friends decided to put their firecrackers to good use this July...Joe may, or may not, have helped them blow up Arial Barbie...

Clay is doing Lacrosse again this fall and he has really been improving. He loves the game and it has been fun to watch him play. His team won their first game this season 7 to 3 and we are looking forward to seeing how they do tomorrow.

Joe's company finally moved out of the old house (we are renting that out to a great family now) and he has purchased a building that is providing them with a great deal more space, which they sorely needed. He has had a lot on his plate lately, which has kept him very busy...we miss him when he is away, but are happy to see him growing.

Max turned 2 this summer...he looks positively lethal with that bat. It was fun watching him try and hit his pinata and he was SUPER happy about all the candy it contained! Joe had a birthday (not sure he wants me to announce his age...I will be discrete) and I had my 31st birthday this week. I am so grateful for good friends who took me out for some much needed 'girl time', and I am even more grateful for a wonderful husband who was willing to watch six kids so I could get out. I am one lucky girl.

Max is wearing Ali's church shoe, watching cartoons on the lap top and has his arm around his little sister. Man I love that kid. He is too funny! It's almost as though you can see him thinking 'this is the life...suckers'. I'm a little jealous...

Have you ever had one of those moments when you see your life and just feel so at peace and so grateful for where you are? I had one of those moments the other day. Heidi and I were dancing in the bedroom and I just had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude and love for all that I have been blessed with. My life is very good and I couldn't be happier about that.

3 comments:

BECKY said...

I LOVE that you have six kids. You totally rock. I would love to hear your birth story if you have have the time to sit down and write it (which if you don't, no worries... you ARE the mother of six!). LOVED the update. That bottom pic of Max and Heidi is to die for. :)

Heidi said...

I didn't know you had changed your baby's name, but I have to say... I like it! ;) Cracking up about the cherries picture and riding the purple Barbie bike. My heart goes out to your family over the loss of Ariel Barbie. May she rest in peace. Fun updates!

Em said...

Congratulations on your new baby! She is adorable. All of your kids are so cute and are growing up way too fast. Enjoy.
Emily Adams.